Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays from the renaissance negresse!

Dear One,

Hello! How are you? I mean, really, stop, take a moment, and check in with your breath. How’s your inner chestal reggione feeling? Are the shoulders relaxed? Take a few deep breaths. Maybe stretch like a cool cat. If you’ve been seated for a long time, take this time to stand up for a little while, and reach to the ceiling, filling your lungs and cells with fresh, new oxygen. This is the time to de-stress.
I’m writing to you because although I’ve been so overwhelmed, I’ve been very appreciative of the gifts of grace I’ve been given from time to time. One of the sweetnesses has been holiday wishes.
From electronic greeting cards and forwarded emails to heartfelt Facebook status updates, and even the occasional paper-mailed card (can you imagine?!) it’s just nice sometimes to be remembered.
So I’m taking a moment from my writing schedule, from checking off my “Things to Do List” one by one (very fulfilling!) and stopping to let you know that I know you’re there either running around like crazy, doing a bunch of errands back to back, or putzing about kinda slow and depressed-like, or maybe a little bit of both.
You’re either diggin’, shovelin’, or playin’ in the snow. You’re either home alone or with a partner or with your family. Which ever singular or combined thing, I hope you’re enjoying yourself. Whether glorious solitude or the mixed blessing of friends and family, I wish you a safe, warm, and happy holiday season, however you observe it.

Be well all ways,

Cassendre Xavier (aka Amethyste Rah, aka Amrita Waterfalls)
renaissance negresse (musician, author, visual artist, actress)
http://cassEndrExavier.com

Source: http://cassendrexavier.blogspot.com/2009/12/happy-holidays.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home