Sunday, December 05, 2010

ME! ME! ME! Cassendre Xavier Museletter December 5, 2010

TABLE OF CONTENTS

~WHO IS CASSENDRE XAVIER?
~GREETING
~SOUNDTRACK
~LIFE IS HUGE AND INTENSE
~EMBRACING THE SHADOW
~www.SOULMATESECRET.COM
~FOR THE GRATEFULLY & GAINFULLY EMPLOYED OR OTHERWISE CASH-COMFY WHO EITHER ENJOY ALCOHOL AND/OR RESTAURANTS!
~CX DIRECT FOR ALL YOUR CD HOLIDAY PURCHASING NEEDS!
~WHO’S THAT BLACK GIRL SINGING IN SUBURBAN STATION?
~THE SUBURBAN STATION SUBWAY SIREN TOUR
~WHO WANTS A HOUSE CONCERT?
~FAREWELL BLESSING


CONTENTS OF TABLE


WHO IS CASSENDRE XAVIER?
“Cassendre Xavier is a multi-media healing artist based in Philadelphia. As a singer-writer, she spans the range of pop from folk to blues to rock; and her songs are rich in a soulful expression of emotions. Cassendre has a rich, sweet singing voice and entertains audiences with jokes and witty banter. She is a leader in the raw vegan health community and has facilitated support groups for survivors of abuse. Cassendre is an honored recipient of a Leeway Foundation Transformation Award for her work in art and change.” –from the Women in Transitions & The Survivors Network’s “Celebrating Survivors” event program October 29, 2010.



GREETING
Hi, there!

Glad to be writing to you once again. Hope you’re not bored by this :-)


SOUNDTRACK (what I listened to as I wrote this): Bossa Combo: Accolade, Charles Aznavour, Ubaka Hill: The Spiral Dance, Teena Marie: Passion Play.

==========================================================

LIFE IS HUGE AND INTENSE
Let’s see, what’s going on – life. Life is BIG. Huge. Really. Can’t get over how intense it is these days. Is it just Moi? Canst thou relate? Sheesh!

I’ve been doing a lot of work trying to maintain my good feelings, be less critical of self and others, and I’m doing a lot of work on fears and anger. I’m still posting what I eat on Facebook and making progress as a normal, healthy eater. Okay, that’s the positive language that I’ve learned is important to use. You read between the lines. Aaaargh!

============================================================

EMBRACING THE SHADOW
May I recommend Debbie Ford’s shadow work? Many of her books deal with the shadow and I’ve been working with some of her concepts. One of the great things that’s happened in my embracing my shadow is that I’ve gotten much more important work done. For example, instead of being upset with myself that I am addicted to Facebook, I just said, Okay. I’m addicted to Facebook. I accept that. What’s good about that, or what can be good about that? I then decided that before I log on, I’ll first update my website and/or MySpace calendar. My website’s calendar has been updated regularly for the first time in years. And that’s not because I’m addicted to Facebook, but because I accepted that I was and refused to beat myself up about it. Love the shadow is Debbie Ford’s whole thing about that. Another thing is that as I accepted more of my shadow parts I became more able to mend friendships and accept others’ shadows. Thanks to my friend Edie Weinstein for first telling me about Debbie, and for Arielle Ford, Debbie’s sister, for promoting her work, which I discovered through Arielle’s website…

www.SOULMATESECRET.COM
I highly recommend Arielle Ford’s work on law of attraction, which she used to manifest her successful business and now marriage. She married for the first time at age 44 and she and her husband have been happy their entire 12 years of marriage. Check it out and see if it resonates with you!

If you like this type of personal growth stuff, check out my articles at Wisdom Magazine’s online edition:
http://wisdom-magazine.com/ArticleArchives.aspx?author=Cassendre+Xavier or http://tinyurl.com/yh9e95c.

FOR THE GRATEFULLY & GAINFULLY EMPLOYED OR OTHERWISE CASH-COMFY WHO EITHER ENJOY ALCOHOL AND/OR RESTAURANTS!

Every Thursday, my drummer Rich and I are playing the Mango Moon, 4161 Main St, (in the Manayunk section of) Philadelphia, PA 19127 Tel: 215-487-1230. 7:30pm-9:30pm. No cover. www.MyMangoMoon.com. It’s a great place, and the website matches its wonderousness, and how nice Moon, the Chef is!

Very excited that later tonight I’ll be singing with a jazz trio for the first time ever. Drummer, bass, guitar, and a little female type (me!) singing some pop and rock tunes re-worked in the jazzular way. (I’m also bringing my guitar and will do a tune or two of Moi’s own!) Sunday, December 05, 2010, 5:30pm-7:30pm at Divan Turkish Kitchen & Bar, Corner of 22nd & Carpenter, Philadelphia, PA 19146. www.DivanTurkishKitchen.com. 215.545.5790. No cover.

On Tuesday, December 7, 2010 – 8:30pm
I’ll be singing at The Exchange. An evening of multi-media performance featuring: Cassendre Xavier, James Hearne, Ms Pain, Aleister Mraz. Upstairs at Copabanana, 344 South Street, Philadelphia PA 19147 215.923.6180. Drink and food specials~
Info/Contact: www.myspace.com/communityculturalexchange. No cover.

Friday, December 17, 2010 8PM (Doors 7:30PM)
Capable of Love Concert - $15 Donation includes CD!
Arrive early to meet, mix, mingle & browse the crystals. Show starts promptly at 8:00PM. I’ll be singing songs from my 2009 album Capable of Love.
Rockstar Crystal Gallery, 20 E. Mt. Airy Avenue, Philadelphia
PA 19119 267-286-1011 www.rockstarcrystalgallery.com
(Hear and read about this and my other musical recordings at www.cdbaby.com/all/cassendre)

========================================

CX DIRECT FOR ALL YOUR CD HOLIDAY PURCHASING NEEDS!

As a full-time self-employed musician, I am required by law to pester you to seriously consider throwing some of your greenery devices in this Haitian-American sista’s direccione! If I don’t, someone else’s multi-million dollar advertising budget (or really strong indie street team) will get your attention first!

Please remember that I don’t believe you owe me anything. Everyone works for what they have in life, or simply accepts what they’re offered, depending on what spiritual teacher you ask! I think it’s a little, or a lot of both. You don’t have to creatively tithe nor are you obliged to support your local artists and live music scene, but do consider that if you and your contemporaries don’t, who will?

I have dozens of serious artists who “get” and wholly support my work, hundreds of actually interested CX appreciators on my internet scene, and thousands of voyeuristic readers who kinda don’t care, really (but would buy an album by a super famous person). I don’t know where you fall on the continuum, but I did the math and if I could entice you to either order here or online any of my downloads, I’d be a whole lot more comfy in the material world!

Here’s my CX Direct Order Form (I can send you CDs) in both web and paper-friendly formats: Oh, and in addition to cash and credit/debit cards in person and online, I also accept other forms of “gifts” such as prayers and well wishes, which do work, believe me!

When I’m busking, I get many many blessings, as well as smiles, sometimes hugs, and also gig leads. People tell me about venues, they invite me to perform house concerts for them, it’s really good stuff.

You can be a blessing by simply visualizing me becoming a touring singer-songwriter and playing venues you’re excited about bringing your friends to come see “the girl I met who was playing the subway in Philly” or whatever. Holding the vision of my success is one of the greatest gifts you can give me. And I send it right back to you in wishes for continued success, growth, prosperity, health, and true enjoyment of living!

Online version: http://cxdirect.eventbrite.com

Recommended first purchase: Beautiful (2004) or Capable of Love (2009) and
The Whittenberg Sessions (2002) –an excellent value at only $20 for both CDs!

CX DIRECT MAIL ORDER FORM
(SHIPPING INCLUDED IN THE U.S.A.!)

Send orders to: Cassendre Xavier, PO Box 30204, Philadelphia, PA 19103-8204 USA
(Or order securely with your Credit/Debit Card at www.cassEndrExavier.com!)

MUSICAL *CDs - $12 each, TWO for $20!
Capable of Love (2009)----Quantity:_______X $______= $___________
Live at Tin Angel (2006)----Quantity:_______X $______= $___________
Beautiful (2004)----Quantity:_______X $______= $___________
Live at the Kraftbrau, Kalamazoo (2004)----Quantity:_______X $______= $___________
Live at Café Improv (2002)----Quantity:_______X $______= $___________
The Whittenberg Sessions (2002) ----Quantity:_______X $______= $___________

GUIDED MEDITATION CDs - $15 each, TWO for $25!
Affirmations for Survivors: Self-Love (2007) ----Quantity:_______X $______= $__________
Affirmations for Survivors: Spirituality (2007) ----Quantity:_______X $______= $_________

GRAND TOTAL: $____________. Money order/checks PAYABLE TO: Cassendre Xavier
Name________________________________________ Email: _____________________________
Shipping Address_____________________________________ City________________
State_________Zip Code______________________Phone: (_______)________-_______________


*All CDs may or may not contain artwork and lyric/credit inserts, but are quality recordings with song titles printed on the CD, and in sturdy slimline cases ready to listen or “rip”/ “burn” immediately!

(Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery. Call with any questions or concerns 215-436-9702.)
=======================================


WHO’S THAT BLACK GIRL SINGING IN SUBURBAN STATION?
I’ve been wanting to place this ad on Craigslist for months, and I finally did it! http://tinyurl.com/2f7wjv9

WHO WANTS A HOUSE CONCERT?

I love performing for small groups, and tis the season for gatheral purposes, so iffn’ you’re interested, give a call at 215-436-9702 or email cxmusic(at)gmail.com. I’ve got references galorrificment!


THE SUBURBAN STATION SUBWAY SIREN TOUR
ONGOING The Subway Siren Suburban Station Tour (2005 – Present)
Cassendre’s busking (street/subway performance) has been featured in the Philadelphia Daily News and the Philadelphia Inquirer!
Various Weekdays, 3:00PM-6:00PM
Designated Performance Area #1 of Philadelphia’s Suburban Station, Directly below 17th Street & JFK Blvd
Stop by and say hello! (Elevator to Concourse Level)


All for now, folks….

FAREWELL BLESSING

May you always know that you are loved.
May you be gentle with yourself and know true friendship, from the inside out.
May you follow your bliss and be supported.
May you be bold, fearless, and filled with gratitude.
May all your dreams come true, surpassing all your expectations.
All this, or something better, and may it be for the good of all.


Cassendre Xavier
Musician & Writer
www.cassEndrExavier.com

Founder & Director of the blah blah blah. I’m tired :-)


© 2010 by Cassendre Xavier. All rightzen reservenitzkhen.



Please forward this message.

To subscribe, please send a blank email to: cassendrexavier-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

To unsubscribe, please reply from this message to: cassendrexavier-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com or reply with “Remove” in the subject.


==================Thank you for your time=======================

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home